Non-Standard Home

Non-standard home insurance for high risk homes

Request Call back
Request a Quote for Thatched Property
Request a Quote for Other Type Property

Non-standard home insurance for high risk homes

There are a number of factors that can make it difficult to find home insurance that adequately covers your residence, while some situations can make it seem impossible that you'll ever find a policy for your property.

For example, thatched house insurance can be difficult to come by, due to the special maintenance and extra risks associated with this type of home.


Meanwhile, residences with poor claims histories or with problems such as subsidence or being located in a flood zone will also require special consideration.


Whether you require non-standard home insurance due to the type of construction methods used to build your home, the age of the building, the condition of its surroundings or the intended purpose of the property, the expert insurance brokers at Certis can help you get the cover you need.

Our team is committed to helping clients find the right policies for their particular situation. We will work closely with you to gain a full understanding of the situation and then seek out the best plan - both in terms of price and what is covered.


Certis can cover all sorts of special risks

Whatever the nature of the circumstances requiring you to get high risk home insurance, there's likely to be a policy available from Certis to suit your needs.


Some such situations may be caused by the type of building construction. Thatched roofs are notoriously difficult to find insurance for, while heritage buildings such as barns and churches that have been converted may also require specialist attention. Other types of buildings that could be eligible for non-standard home insurance include those with flat roofs, timber cladding or which are built from stone or slate.


The location of the property may also cause difficulties. For example, if a house is situated in an area subject for flooding, it may have a poor claims record and some companies may not be willing to provide insurance. Properties at risk of subsidence, or which were previously underpinned will also need specialist insurance policies.


As well as the physical characteristics of the building and property, if the residence is intended to be let out, left vacant or used as a holiday home, there may be a need for non-standard home insurance. House renovation insurance may also be required if the property will be undergoing any construction work.


Meanwhile, residents such as students, people with criminal records, asylum seekers or those on DSS housing benefits may also mean that a building needs to be covered with high risk home insurance.



High risk home insurance from Certis

With nearly 50 years of experience providing specialist insurance, here at Certis, we take pride in understanding and catering for the unique or unusual requirements of our clients.


Our policies are underwritten by some of the top UK insurers and we can negotiate excellent rates for even the trickiest of situations - including flood home insurance and thatched house insurance.


As well as our non-standard home insurance policies, we also offer and , with optional extras including annual family travel insurance and cover for holiday homes and investment properties.


What's more, if you need to make a claim, we'll endeavour to get it settled as quickly as possible, reducing the amount of hassle and disruption that you must deal with.


To find out more about our high risk home insurance, contact us today. A specialist broker will listen to your situation and provide guidance on how to proceed. You can also complete our online form for a free, no-obligation quote.